Early Career Training Programme
Our programme is delivered over two years to give Newly Qualified Teachers the support and development opportunities they deserve whilst offering a second year of support for teachers who have already completed their first year of teaching. This is to reflect our belief that Early Career Teachers are entitled to on-going, high quality professional development and to anticipate the implementation of the new Early Career Framework. The training is suitable for all Primary teachers in their first few years of teaching, regardless of their teacher training route.
- Seven afternoon sessions each year covering a variety of relevant themes.
- Three twilight network meetings for mentors each year.
- Training delivered by SLEs and experienced subject specialists with a passion for Early Career Teacher development.
- Training centred around research and first-hand experience.
- Scope for training sessions to be tailored to current participants needs. Learning began
- Specialist RE training from RE Today consultant.
- Appropriate body accreditation of QTS for all successful NQTs (currently at the end of their first year).
- Opportunity for Early Career Teachers to build a network of support and contacts in other schools, facilitated by us.
- Opportunities for NQTs to learn from and be supported by RQTs
- Opportunity for RQTs to start building coaching and mentoring skills by supporting newly qualified colleagues.
- No add-ons or hidden costs.
Appropriate body: Brooke Weston TSA