We are delighted to be able to offer National Professional Qualifications through two different providers as part of our commitment to delivering the best possible professional development to all colleagues. Take a look at the two different opportunities on our website:
Why take an NPQ?
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are a nationally recognised suite of qualifications for teachers and school leaders at all levels; from those who want to develop expertise in high quality teaching practice, to those leading multiple schools across a trust or other group of schools.
NPQ courses are designed to help you hone and expand the abilities you already have, helping you become a more effective leader inside and outside the classroom. Completing an NPQ will support you on the next step in your career by offering practical support and guidance, and the core knowledge you need to help your school improve further. Wherever your teaching career takes you, having an NPQ can help you demonstrate your continued commitment to and expertise in school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice.
The updated suite of NPQs launched in November 2021. The courses have been revised to reduce the workload burden on teachers, while still providing the opportunity to develop and apply their learning.
The three existing NPQs in Senior Leadership, Headship and Executive Leadership have been refreshed, ensuring that they are underpinned by the latest evidence of what makes effective teaching.
To ensure NPQs continue to offer the best possible support to teachers and leaders wanting to expand their knowledge and skills, we are introducing 2 additional NPQs which are now available.
The NPQ offer now comprises the:
- NPQ for Leading Literacy – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading literacy across a school, year group, key stage or phase
- NPQ for Early Years Leadership – for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification who are, or are aspiring to be:
- managers of private, voluntary and independent nurseries
- headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries
- childminders with leadership responsibilities