Staff Well-being and Benefits
All Learn-AT staff, whether school-based or part of our central team, have access to a range of free and confidential well-being services provided by Schools Advisory Service. These include:
- 24 hour GP helpline with no limit on the consultation length or the number of calls each employee can make.
- Cancer and chronic illness support if a staff member or someone close to them have received a diagnosis of cancer or a chronic long-term condition. Additional complementary therapies can be made available to assist with the physical or psychological symptoms which can accompany such a diagnosis.
- Nurse support to talk through health concerns.
- One to one telephone counselling service for any mental health concerns whether work-related or not.
- Physiotherapy service to ensure that while staff are waiting for an NHS referral they can address and access therapy to alleviate discomfort. Cause of pain does not need to be work related.
- Weight management service in partnership with Slimming World including 12-week weight management service for staff with BMI above 30. Also Available With Weight Management Support: SAS GYM provides users with the ability to access a range of exercise programmes, developed by our in house personal trainer, while monitoring progress towards fitness goals.
- Menopause support in partnership with Simply Hormones.
- Manspace - mental and physical health support for men’s health related queries. This support is not only for men seeking advice about their own health and wellbeing, but also for those looking to support a loved one with a condition they are experiencing.
- Mindfulness and meditation programme. Thrive has created an NHS approved digital tool which can be used remotely by the individual or in the workplace. This tool helps identify risk factors for stress, and then provides a mechanism to eliminate them by changing habits.
Learn-AT staff can take advantage of the Bike2Work Scheme to save up to 48% on new bikes or bike accessories to use to commute to school and spread the cost over weekly or monthly instalments which are taken from their salary. https://www.bike2workscheme.co.uk
Experian Work Report
Learn-AT staff can use Experian Work Report to simplify the process of verifying their employment and salary information when applying online for a mortgage, loan or other finance. https://www.experian.co.uk/business/work-report
Free places at in-house wraparound care
All Learn-AT staff whose child attends a Learn-AT school which runs its own in-house wraparound care can claim a free place for their child in the following circumstances to enable them to perform their contractual duties:
- For staff contracted to work for the in-house wraparound care provision, on the days they are working that contract
- For staff providing short/long-term term cover for the in-house wraparound care provision, on the days they are covering
- For staff contracted to work hours outside the school day (eg teaching staff, catering staff, cleaning staff) on their working days
- For staff taking part in training or meetings outside the school day, on the day of the training/meeting