Learn-AT Teaching School was launched in September 2018 following the successful joint application made by Church Langton CE Primary School and Great Bowden Academy.
Our alliance was formed to deliver high quality training and professional development for teachers and leaders at all stages of their careers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support.
Teaching schools give outstanding schools a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support.
"Teaching schools give outstanding schools a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers, as well as contributing to the raising of standards through school-to-school support." Department for Education
Learn-AT Teaching School is part of Learn Academies Trust, a multi-academy trust of ten primary schools in Leicestershire who each contribute to the provision offered by the teaching school:
- Church Langton CE Primary School
- Great Bowden CE Academy
- Meadowdale Primary School
- Ridgeway Primary Academy
- Lubenham All Saints CE Primary School
- St Andrews CE Primary School, North Kilworth
- Market Harborough CE Primary School
- Husbands Bosworth CEPrimary School
- Red Hill Field Primary School
- Blaby Stokes CE Primary School
We have a history of working collaboratively within a cluster of schools as well as through many partnership projects.
The teaching school builds on the unique strengths of each of its founding partners. Church Langton has a well-established and proven track record in initial teacher training provision, working alongside the University of Leicester. The partner primary schools can offer support to deliver high quality teaching, learning and leadership development and in particular a focus on the use of research to inform school improvement.
We offer a continuously evolving professional development programme specifically to deliver ‘exceptional' quality in teaching. We are particularly proud of our professional network learning opportunities which form part of our offer to schools.
Teaching school alliances must have the experience, leadership and capacity to support schools in key areas:
- Initial Teacher Training - lead role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession
- Continuing Professional Development - peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- Leadership & Talent Management - identify and develop leadership potential
- School to School Support - provide support for other schools
- Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) - designate and broker specialist leaders of education for commissioning in local schools
- Research and Development - engage and lead in educational research